1. Does Honeywell Total Connect (TC) Video Services support the IPCAM-WIC1, IPCAM-WIC2 and IPCAM-WOC1 cameras?
2. Does the Honeywell Lyric™ App support any of the IPCAM HD Cameras?
The Honeywell Lyric App only supports the IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WIC2.
3. What storage plans are offered?
All Next Generation video cameras offer a 7-day or 30-day video storage plan.
a. The 7-day storage plan stores up to 350 clips on a rolling basis with first in, first out logic.
b. The 30-day plan stores up to 1,500 clips on a rolling basis with first in, first out logic.
4. Do the legacy IP cameras support a 7-day or 30-day storage plan?
All legacy IP cameras are being transitioned to the 7-day video storage plan (at a later date, the 30-day storage plan may be available). If the installing dealer selects the 30-day video storage plan in AlarmNet 360™ for the legacy IP cameras, the cameras will still only support a 7-day storage plan and the user will be charged for the 30-day video storage plan.
5. Can a new HD camera be added to an existing legacy camera account?
Yes. Creating a separate account location is not required to add a new HD camera to an existing legacy account.
6. Can a new IPCAM HD camera with a 30-day video storage plan be added to an existing legacy account that has a 7-day video storage plan?
Yes. Please note: When an HD camera is installed with a 30-day video storage plan and added to an existing iP camera legacy account, the existing legacy account will only support a 7-day video storage plan and the account will be charged the 30-day video storage plan rate.
7. How many HD Cameras are supported per location?
Up to eight HD cameras are supported per location. An additional six legacy, non-HD cameras can be added for a total of 14 cameras per location on the same Total Connect account.
8. Will the HD Cameras provide an email event notification with an attachment?
No. A link of the event will be included in the email notification. When clicked, the link will take the user to the video event. The user may download and save the video event to a local device.
9. Can I view the IPCAM HD cameras on the Honeywell Total Connect website?
Yes. You can view Video clips, but not live video on the website.
Audio (for the IPCAM-WIC1, IPCAM-WIC2 models only)
1. Do all Honeywell Total Connect (TC) video HD cameras support Audio?
No. Only the indoor HD cameras, IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WIC2, support audio.
2. Can the user speak through the camera or only listen?
The user can see, hear, and speak via the HD Wi-Fi® indoor video cameras.
3. Can the camera’s audio be turned on and off?
Yes. The audio can be enabled or disabled by switching the camera microphone button on and off via the Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 app.
4. Is there volume control on the speaker?
No. The user can switch the volume on or off with the “camera microphone” located in the camera settings via the Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 app.
5. What is the sound decibel range when adjusting the sensitivity of audio alerts?
The IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WIC2 cameras can be triggered by audio. When the audio detection levels are set to “High,” the minimum threshold to trigger audio detection is 20 decibels (dB) for IPCAM-WIC1 and 10 dB for IPCAM-WIC2. For reference, 20 dB is about the same volume as leaves rustling. If needed, you can adjust these levels from the Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 app to “Normal” or “Low” range.
Please note: Low sound sensitivity implies it detects only loud sounds like a motorcycle or food processor (80 dB and above). Normal sound sensitivity implies it detects general sounds like a refrigerator, air conditioner, or conversational speech (50 dB and above). High sound sensitivity detects even the quietest sounds like a pin-drop or whispers (10 dB or above).
Network and Connectivity
1. Will the IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WIC2 work with a dual-band router? What is the wireless frequency used by the cameras?
Yes. All cameras work with any dual-band router. The IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WOC1 works only on the 2.4 GHz wireless frequency.The IPCAM-WIC2 works on both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz wireless frequencies.
2. Do the cameras plug into the router or connect wirelessly?
The cameras connect wirelessly to the available Wi-Fi® network. They have no Ethernet port.
3. What security/encryption standards do the IPCAM product line follow?
The IPCAM product line use AES 256 bit, end-to-end encryption with an atmel chip in the hardware and secure cloud storage. Every clip is encrypted and can only be viewed by authorized users. The provided 8 GB SD card is also encrypted.
4. Can the IPCAM product line be set up on a local network without Wi-Fi?
The cameras must connect to a broadcasting Wi-Fi network in order to complete the setup process.
5. If the user does not know the Wi-Fi password, can the user enroll the camera with WPS?
No. These new HD cameras do not support WPS enrollment and do not have a WPS button.
6. Are there any routers that Honeywell Total Connect (TC) Video HD Cameras won’t work with?
Honeywell TC Video HD cameras work with most wireless routers. However, some routers might experience compatibility issues that require future camera firmware upgrades.
7. What are the minimum bandwidth requirements?
||HD (720p) – IPCAM-WIC1
||Full HD (1080p) – IPCAM-WIC2
||Full HD (1080p) – IPCAM-WOC1
|Minimum Required Bandwidth
|Average Normal Visual Activity
|Maximum High Visual Activity
||2.9 Mbps ~ 3 Mbps
||4.5 Mbps ~ 5 Mbps
1. What is the SD card used for?
If the camera is disconnected from the internet, the encrypted SD card will keep recording video clips. Once the camera reconnects to the internet, the clips will be pushed to the cloud. This operation may take a couple of hours to complete. A user cannot retrieve video clips from the encrypted SD card.
2. What are the maximum infra-red (IR) ranges for night vision?
a. IPCAM-WIC1 is up to 16.5 feet.
b. IPCAM-WIC2 is up to 33 feet.
c. IPCAM-WOC1 is up to 65 feet.
3. Does the IPCAM-WIC1 include a wall mounting bracket?
No. The IPCAM-WIC1 does not come with a flexible mounting kit. It can be attached to a wall with the included screw. The IPCAM-WIC2 has a flexible mount that can attach to a wall or ceiling. Both cameras can be set on a flat surface.
4. How long are the power cords?
IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WIC2: 6 feet IPCAM-WOC1: Power adapter 7 feet; Extension cable 8 feet
5. Is the USB plug-in a replaceable part of the camera?
No. The USB plug is customized and can’t be purchased as a standalone accessory.
6. Do the cameras support local viewing on LYNX Touch Systems, the Lyric™ Controller, or Tuxedo Touch?
No. The IPCAM HD product line does not support local viewing on LYNX Touch Systems, the Lyric Controller, or Tuxedo Touch.
7. Is a power extension cable available?
Yes. A 9 foot extension cable, the IPCAM-WICEXT is available for the IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WIC2 and sold as a separate accessory.
For IPCAM-WOC1, the extension cable is included in the box. It adds 8 feet to the supplied power adapter for a total of 15 feet.
8. Are the Power Supply Units for the IPCAM-WIC1 and IPCAM-WIC2 interchangeable?
Yes. The power supply for the IPCAM-WIC1 camera may be used with IPCAM-WIC2 camera and vice versa, but not for the IPCAM-WOC1.
1. Does the IPCAM-WOC1 support audio?
No. This camera only supports video.
2. What are the multiple cables/connectors use for?
a. Bluetooth antenna b. Not used c. Reset switch d. Power
3. What is the dBi gain of the antenna?
4. Does the IPCAM-WOC1 include a mounting bracket?
Yes. The IPCAM-WOC1 is a standard bullet camera and is designed for quick and flexible wall orceiling mount installation.
5. Does the IPCAM-WOC1 include a stand?
6. Does Honeywell sell an extension cable for IPCAM-WOC1?
The included extension cable adds 8 feet (2.44 meters) to the supplied power adapter for a total of 15 feet (4.5 meters).
7. What is the included pigtail cable used for?
You may use pigtail power cable to extend the power adapter cable with up to 200 feet (61m) of 18AWG (minimum) wire. If the included extension cable is not used, you may cut and splice the power transformer cable.
8. Is the camera weatherproof?
The camera housing is IP66 weatherproof rated. However, the wires are not weatherproof, so we recommend using a standard weatherproof electrical box for clean hardwired installation.
9. Does Honeywell sell a weatherproof electrical box for IPCAM-WOC1?
No. You can use any standard weatherproof electrical box.
10. What is the Wi-Fi® (or wireless) range of the IPCAM-WOC1 camera?
The wireless range is typically about 100 feet depending on the building’s construction materials and the location of the wireless router. The closer the camera is located to the router, and the fewer obstructions there are, the better the range and performance.
11. Can I power the IPCAM-WOC1 from an external power outlet?
Yes. It is designed to be plugged into an indoor power outlet with an outdoor rated housing/outlet.
12. Can I use WAP-PLUS with IPCAM-WOC1?
You can use any router/access point sold in the market including Honeywell’s WAP-PLUS.
13. Can I use WREX with IPCAM-WOC1?
14. Can I use standard CAT5 or CAT6 Ethernet cable to connect the HD Video cameras to the LAN?
No, since the camera does not have an Ethernet port.
15. Can I splice the camera power cable?
No. It is not recommended since improper splicing could damage the camera and void the warranty. Use the included extension cable and pigtail power cable to extend it up to 200 feet using a 18 AWG wire.
16. What is the minimum internet speed required?
The IPCAM-WOC1 requires minimum 2 Mbps upload speed. You can test your network by running a speed test from the camera’s location while on the local network from: http://www.speedtest.net/. If the upload bandwidth is lower than recommended, the cameras may still work, but the live view may have lower quality as it adapts to available bandwidth.
17. Can I paint the camera or antenna?
No. We do not recommend painting the camera or antenna since it can affect its performance, and may void your warranty.